Glebe Street Fair 2016
The Glebe Street Fair is Australia’s longest street fair, stretching for almost a kilometre. Glebe is an inner city suburb of Sydney, Australia, and popular with students, backpackers and artists. It’s about a twenty minute walk to the city center and has a fabulous rang of cool and quirky bars and shops. I joined the thousands of people to wander through of stalls and take in the artistic, community vibe that is Glebe, and caught up with The Herd’s Dale Harrison and artists Edwina and Lisa. Were you there?
- Glebe Street Fair www.glebe.com.au/streetfair
- The Herd www.elefanttraks.com/artists/the-herd
- PEG www.facebook.com/pegtheband
- Different Drummer www.differentdrummer.com.au
- Best of Sydney Small Bars (BOSS) DJ Competion www.glebe.com.au/boss-dj-competition
- Iluka www.ilukamusic.com
- Edwina Wrobel www.instagram.com/edwinawrobel
- Lisa Walton www.dyedheaven.com
- The Shop Gallery www.theshopgalleryglebe.blogspot.com.au
- The Lazy Eyes www.soundcloud.com/thelazyeyesband
Where and When
Where: Glebe Point Road, Glebe. NSW. 2037. Australia. Between Pyrmont Bridge Road and Broadway.
When: Annually. I visited on the 20th November, 2016.
Who: Live performances, over 200 street stalls, food, talks