SCA and NAS Art of Protest
This year has been a very trying one for artists and students at art schools in Sydney, Australia. There was the proposed eradication of Sydney University’s visual arts school, Sydney College of the Arts (SCA). Meanwhile not far across town, there were ongoing funding concerns for the independent National Art School. Both vital yet vulnerable schools focus on studio-based art practice, and there was a heartfelt response to the uncertainties in the form of protest art created by students and graduates. This exhibition at the non-profit gallery Factory 49 showcased a wide range of this exciting art.
- Factory 49 www.factory49.blogspot.com.au
- Sydney College of the Arts www.sydney.edu.au/sca
- Let SCA Stay www.facebook.com/letscastay
- National Art School www.nas.edu.au
- Friends of National Art School www.facebook.com/Friends-of-the-National-Art-School-FONAS-483096161815258
With thanks to (in order of appearance) Elise, Eva Cox AO, Laura and all the students and graduates of NAS and SCA whose artwork was featured.
Where and When
Where: Factory 49. 49 Shepherd St, Marrickville NSW 2204. Australia.
When: 8th-10th December, 2016.
Who: Students and graduates from National Arts School and Sydney College of the Arts